Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy Season and the joys of each day...







Our last snow and ice storm caused quite an irregular week of school just before our Christmas break. The kids did not have school Friday (12/12), were off again on Monday (12/15, I had school). Then we all had a 2 hour delay on Wednesday(12/17) from a new storm that hit and Friday, yet another snow, sent Jake and Shaye home mid day (12/19) while I worked my full schedule. If you don't check Steve and Shaye's blog, you should. We are all keeping updated postings for a full family report. Steve took some great photo's of the ice storm we had but my photo's are from the inside-out, sort-to-speak. While snowed in, Shaye and I baked a lot over the weekend and here are some pictures of her gingerbread house that we started last week end and finished mid week.
This holiday season has been very enjoyable. I feel relaxed, as organized as I can be and most importantly, have enjoyed time to bake, my long time hobby. Shaye is discovering all my baking tools and now takes out my stand mixer, petite cookie cutters and recipes to make her own creations. If you don't know this about Shaye, she is incredibly artistic and when she rummages through my baking tools she inevitably finds something new to create with. Jake on the other hand will pop his head in, see what's up but generally moves quickly on to his own thing. He never hesitates to give me a "I love you Mom" on his way through and so I'm happy with his brief appearances.
I hope you all are enjoying a wonderful Christmas season; that you will visit all of our blogs to keep in touch with our family. We love you and miss seeing you all and I hope that this avenue of contact keeps us in touch.

2 comments:

Patti said...

I was so happy to get online and see you and Steve have both updated your blogs! Shaye is such a beauty. I wish I could enjoy the baking etc. with you. Love the ginger bread house!
Love,
Patti

Leslie said...

Raleigh was so excited when we got your christmas card. He just loves Shaye. I am going to make gingerbread cookies with him tomorrow for Santa ;) I thought that would be easier than a house... Have a great Christmas day and give the family hugs for us.