Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

We celebrated a different kind of Thanksgiving this year. Instead of our regular wake up time (7:30'ish on weekends), we all unexpectedly slept in till 9:30 a.m. This definitely is an indication of our schedules catching up with us. The parade had already started and my 21 lbs. turkey, that I had seasoned the night before, thank goodness, was all set to go into the oven. My sister Sandy came up Wednesday night with her son Ryan and then my sister Sherry joined us for dinner at 4:30. Steve's brother Tom, his girlfriend Beth and daughter Kristy have joined us the past few years, but with only Thanksgiving off, an 8 hour round trip drive was just too much for them.
We watched only parts of the parade, usually a big part of our Thanksgiving morning tradition and had a lazy and slow going afternoon till turkey time. My sister attempted to take a family photo for a Christmas card and what a trip that was. None of us feel any one was the perfect picture. Which one would you vote for?
All in all, with five days off from school, we enjoyed a nice break to appreciate all that we are thankful for in our family.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Your blog looks great! I love your house. I like the last picture the best. It shows the most personality. I'm glad ya'll had a nice day. Ours was good. We always have to go from house to house, but we enjoyed it.

Patti said...

I like the changes in your blog. Looks great! Seeing your pictures makes me homesick for you all. I vote for the first and last picture.
Love,
Patti