Friday, May 8, 2009

All Things Spring




Easter was the start of "birthday blitz week!" A relaxing and enjoyable day of savory appetizers, an easy dinner and a full week ahead. Steve and Shaye spent much enjoyed time picking out our future dog. They even have a list of names ready to go.


The day after Easter was Shaye's birthday. She is very serious about her day beginning with her choice of breakfast, chocolate chip waffles and presents set out at her morning eating spot. She is quite sentimental and its one of her beautiful qualities.

Shaye had a very special family birthday celebration.








The BIG 13! birthday party came later in the week. A 12 girl sleepover with chocolate fondue.The new 3 season room was a perfect place for all the girls to hang out. Being spring break week we had lots of time to set up.
Jake's birthday was 2 days later, tax day! And, that's Leslie's mom's birthday too! Leslie, you are soooo good at keeping up with your blog. I love it!! And, as much as it may not seem so, since I am so bad at keeping up with mine, YOU INSPIRE ME! To the Patty's of the world, I am sorry I am so sloooow.
And then there was me. I had the worst allergy attack of my life and spent our whole vacation week congested and sort of miserable. But, nothing tops the love of my family and the joy I receive from them so it was a good week nonetheless.
We are in the final weeks of school and now looking forward to the summer. Can't wait to see everyone. We love you.

4 comments:

Patti said...

I am soooo glad to read your post! Love the pictures of the family. Makes me miss you all even more. Looks like Shaye had a wonderful birthday celebration...13 and beautiful! Is a trip to central Florida in the summer plans?

Leslie said...

Yeah! You updated! I have been wondering about Shaye's birthday...Looks like they had a great time. Raleigh will be so excited about the pictures of you guys, I will how him when he wakes up! Did you see that we are having another boy? I gave Bryan a few names and he said we should run them by you and Steve and see what ya'll think...July is coming fast. Hope the rest of school goes well and quick!

Susan said...

what are the names you guys are thinking of?? We would love to hear your ideas... Shaye is all for the name Ashton.

bryan said...

Seems like all your posts have references or pictures of food. It always looks yummy.

Raleigh mentions Shaye at sometime every week to me. Its usually during breakfast. Maybe there’s a connection in there someway. With that said I am look forward to some great meal times at the lake.

We will have to send you our short list of names for our new guy.